Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Two Cents_07

So far I've suggested that beating CP will require us to manage our asses off, and that it’d do us a world of good to pay closer attention to some of the leading management thinkers and practitioners out there. I've also suggested that nonprofit-serving consultancies could fit that bill.

It's all been very general.

More specifically, what we should look for -- I believe -- are tips, tools, and techniques that will help us magnify our impact, get more bang for our buck, and become bigger up against our challenges. A few years ago, a Stanford Social Innovation Review article posed the question "How can we achieve 100x the results with just 2x the organization?" That's what I want to know. 

My search for answers has taken me again and again to consultants and their takes on: collaboration, constituent engagement, multi-stakeholder networks, "scaling up," and shared leadership. I've become fixated on productivity. I want to see us get a lot more work done through a lot more people. (with special emphasis on parents and family members of the 14-18 million kids in the U.S. with neurological disorders or conditions)

That's the direction I want to head next.

No comments:

Post a Comment