Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Tale of Two Hope Machines, 1.1

It was already in my notes to research the ways in which LIVESTRONG and other “most admired” health non-profits like American Cancer Society are using social technologies to build hope and keep it alive. What wasn’t in my notes – and what took me by surprise, I must say – was to have what I had planned to look for...find me. In my car. On my radio. In the form of a public service announcement from the National MS Society

What got me about the psa was its relevance to this series. The point? To drive traffic (by driving those of us who were in traffic) to a new web site: www.msconnection.org. The point of the new site? To be a platform for sharing ideas, for "giving what you know."
The rationale behind it? Lots and lots of caring and connected people is the best hope for slowing MS down -- if not obliterating it altogether.

For now, you can visit this page to hear and /or see the psa. (radio and TV formats)

No comments:

Post a Comment