Saturday, June 9, 2012

Comprehensive Hospital CP Programs


I did a down and dirty study today of Web sites of some of the Best Children's Hospitals (per U.S. News) in the United States. I was looking particularly for the presence of in-house comprehensive cerebral palsy programs. What I found was that fifteen (15) of the twenty-five (25) top-ranked centers for "children with serious neurological problems" have such programs. 

Couple of observations: First, it could be that more than 15 of the top centers have CP programs but that not all of 'em expressly promote theirs. Second, I found it hard at first glance to discern which centers are the more seriously invested with regard to treating, researching and focusing (just) on CP.

Before I do any following up on those things, though...

I want to go in a different direction next and explore how intensive therapy is viewed within each of the above mentioned 15 programs. I know for a fact it's on the radar at Nationwide Children’s Hospital (ranked tenth in neurology and neurosurgery) in Columbus. As for the other fourteen (14) --

I don’t have much of a clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment