Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Push Me Pull You

This is: 
  • The BEST OF TIMES to be a parent of a child with CP because there’s more KNOW-HOW & KNOW-WHAT out there than ever before, and because we have access, potentially, electronically, to just about all of it. “There are many voices available to us,” I read somewhere. May be a bit of an understatement.
This is also:
  • The WORST OF TIMES to be a parent who wants to get SMARTER because the WORLD WIDE NET is a downright mess. Anyone with anything to say about CP is on it. Every one of those anyones -- me included -- just keeps adding to the search results stew. MAKING ONE'S WAY THROUGH TO THE GOOD STUFF CAN BE FRUSTRATING.

*  *  *  *  *

I'm exaggerating about the mess. And, I also know that I’d need to be much more specific (about what I see as being messy) to be taken seriously. I won’t try to remedy that now.

I will put it out there, though, that I THINK IT COULD AND SHOULD BE EASIER to get to the good stuff, and that the online experience -- instead of being about “pulling teeth” -- could and should be about: 

( J U S T )  P U L L I N G. 


Pulling, or just "pull", has broadly to do with getting the information we need when we need it. It has to do with causing the good stuff to come to you rather than you having to go to it.

I have a strong sense that pull approaches to harnessing knowledge flows can help us, individually and collectively, to get smarter faster. We within the CP sphere owe it to our kids to explore how. 

No comments:

Post a Comment